Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rare Books, Handmade Cards, and Vintage Pulp!

I'm very excited about the Top Shelf Flea tomorrow! I will have substantial new additions to the genres I've brought in the past: more cookbooks -- including a first American edition of Larousse's Gastronomique ($13) -- more art, and more children's books, among others. I'm adding some new categories, too, including a selection of collectible pulp 1970's erotica ($15 & up). Non-literature items at my booth will include authentic disbound illustrations from vintage books (small 50¢, large 75¢; suitable for framing or art projects), and incredible handmade greeting cards ($6), typed on an actual typewriter and screenprinted by brilliant local artist Mandy McCormick.

As before, I will have a number of one-of-a-kind items, including a signed first edition copy of Madame Lyon de Romaine's The Art of Cooking Omelettes ($559), recommended by Julia Child herself as the definitive guide, and the author's personal copy of Ideal Metrology in Nature, Art, Religion and History ($479) by Boston architect and theologian H.G. Wood.

For the budget reader, I'll have suitcases full of children's books ($1 and up) and another case of literary paperbacks.

Other big news: I can accept credit cards this round (with a minimum purchase of $10). Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover, via Square!

A taste of what's waiting for you:

Art and poetry



Handmade cards and vintage erotica; the suitcases in the background contain goodies, too!


Feel free to stop by and browse; I love talking books with customers. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment